Tuesday, July 10, 2012

How To Style: Gap Sexy Boyfriend Jeans

Fashion is pretty much my be all and end all. When I introduced this blog I mentioned that I have been trying for a career change and I would love for that change to be in the fashion industry.

I had grand plans to go back to school a few years ago for a degree in fashion marketing, but good old financial aid (or lack thereof) got in the way and sadly that part of my dream will never be a reality.

I love to style. Whether it's myself, my friends, or thinking of other options for a partially tragic celebrity look, I'm constantly thinking of what to pair with just about every clothing item you can think of.



I bought these faded mint boyfriend jeans from Gap last weekend and I can't wait to wear them. I just need the mercury to drop below 80 in this never ending sweatfest of a summer and I'll be all set.

When I buy something new I always try to stick to at least one of these two rules: 1) I have to be able to wear it to work; and 2) I have to be able to think of at least two ways to wear/style it. I can't wear jeans to work, but the ways to style them casually are endless.

On the right (below) is how I plan on wearing these jeans for a night out. A simple white v-neck t-shirt with leopard heels, and a neutral clutch. One of my fashion rules will always be to treat leopard as a neutral. I know it sounds bizarre, but hear me out. Black, brown, and tan (the traditional colors of a leopard print) are neutral colors and when they're paired together in a heel, a clutch, or for the more daring among us, a blazer they add a perfect punch to what could otherwise be a blah outfit.

On the right is a casual look anchored by my favorite footwear and yours, Chuck Taylors. I can't live without mine and I know that if you own some you feel the same way. I chose an orange chevron print top because chevron is always a chic print and ever since seeing this photo of Brooklyn Decker styled by the brilliant Annie Ladino in a mint Tory Burch dress and ass-kicking orange Jimmy Choo wedges I haven't been able to get the color combo out of my head. Try it. I think you'll like it. A standard blazer and cross body bag a/k/a the urban girl's best friends, are perfect toppers.


Gap Sexy Boyfriend Jeans


No comments:

Post a Comment