Thursday, July 5, 2012

So, blogging...

On blogging.

Everyone does it. I do it (here), but I've always done it for someone else. All the words and ideas are mine and even though I have a bit of editorial control, it's still not mine. Since everyone does it who the hell will want to read what I want to say and how will I be different?

I have no idea, but I'm going to try! Writing has always been the one thing I can do very well. Ever since I wrote a fable about a mouse and an owl (I think those were the animals. My mother would be able to confirm that.) in third grade that drew critical acclaim from the elementary school powers that be, I knew that I would end up in writing somehow. My first career aspiration was to be an "author and illustrator." Sadly my art skills didn't evolve past a third grade level.

My spelling and grammar skills have evolved marginally since the third grade as well so there will be mistakes and I will never know the difference between effect and affect without googling and seeing the cartoon with the aardvark. I'm also new to Blogger so there will be kinks to work out. It took me a good six months to get a handle on Wordpress, so bear with me. Sometimes I like a challenge.

I have been in the midst of trying a career change for almost two years now and I'm sad to say that I'm in the same spot I started in. There are many reasons why it's been so hard - lack of money, fear, dodgy ambition, insecurity. I don't know if I'll ever get what I want out of a career, but if I can get some satisfaction out of having a corner of the Internet all to myself where I can talk about whatever the heck I want and have a conversation with other people like me then I know there will be happiness there.

Greyhounds in pajamas doesn't really have a special meaning to me. I just think it's really cute and funny that Greyhounds have to wear pajamas because they get cold when they sleep (for real). My first thought was that Greyhounds In Pajamas would make a really good band name. It's a lot easier to start a blog than it is a band though.

No comments:

Post a Comment