Friday, August 17, 2012

Hot Looks Of The Week & My Faves

I'm going to do something a little different for Hot Looks this week because there were far too many to choose from! Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale are currently on the international promo tour for Total Recall and they are both knocking it out of the fashion park. I tend not to see the major blockbuster movies like this one (no interest), but I am all about the press tours because the fashion is always major. So strap yourselves in and prepared to be wowed.

Images via Style.com and Bauer Griffin
Here's Jessica at the London premiere wearing Giambattista Valli Couture from his Spring 2012 collection. This is PERFECT. The dress is incredible, her hair and make-up are spot on and the punch of pink from the Christian Louboutin heels is unexpected and daring. LOVE. Estee Stanley outdid herself on this one.

Images via Style.com and Bauer Griffin
Kate also brought her A++ game for the London premiere in this Donna Karan gown from Fall 2012. This is a total movie star look and it's very Kate. You may recall that Kate was one of Rachel Zoe's original clients whom she worked with for years. If you watched Rachel Zoe's reality show and/or are familiar with her recent assistant turmoil, you'll remember that her former assistant Taylor Jacobson left on some bad terms. Rachel accused her of stealing clothes. If that is indeed true, clothes aren't the only thing Taylor stole because she is now styling Kate Beckinsale. Escandalo! And I must say she's styling her damn well because this is gorgeous.

Image via Sean Gallup/Getty Images Europe
Try and tear your gaze from her redonkulous chaturanga-sculpted arms and look at how beautiful this Elie Saab gown is. Jessica wore this to the Berlin premiere. This gown is from the designer's Fall 2012 collection, but it wasn't shown on the runway. Why? I have no idea because it's stunning. Elie Saab's heavy reliance on beading and sequins gets to me sometimes and feels extremely repetitious, but I have no problem with this!

Images via Style.com and Sean Gallup/Getty Images Europe
Not to be outdone in Berlin, Kate chose this amazing Naeem Kahn dress from Fall 2012. I'm so glad she went with the cream base version of this dress because it's about 100 times nicer than the black, don't you think? The black comes off very matronly to me and the cream seems a lot fresher. Her hair here is perfect as well. It would have overwhelmed the dress had she worn it down.

Images via Style.com and Bauer Griffin
I saved my favorite for last. As utterly perfect as that Giambattista Valli couture dress is, I am smitten beyond words with this look. Jessica wore this white lace Valentino jumpsuit from their Resort 2013 collection for press interviews in London. Say it again- a white lace Valentino jumpsuit! I am a sucker for a good jumpsuit and I think this is spectacular. And with the orange heels and earrings it's so young and fresh! Did you also notice that she's carrying a Fendi Baguette. A Fendi Baguette! No one's carried a Fendi Baguette since the third season of Sex And The City. Bravo Jessica and Estee. This will be one of my favorite looks for a very long time!

Images via Style.com and Bauer Griffin
Lastly, I have to highlight (pun intended) the dress Kate wore to do press interviews in London. This is a dress from Preen's Resort 2013 collection and I would do anything to have it in my closet. I love this hybrid yellow/green neon shade and it looks so incredibly cool on her. I love the sporty touch with the raglan sleeve, which was all over the Fall runways. It's good to know it will carry over into Resort! On the shoes - I usually HATE white shoes, but I'm not that offended by these Walter Steiger heels at all. I think I've been softened by the rest of the great fashion on display here! Congrats to Taylor Jacobson for having an amazing run with Kate for this tour!

Kate and Jessica wore many more looks for this tour, which I'm not even sure is over yet. You can see the rest at my fave celeb fashion spotting site The Fashion Court. If this had been a week without a major movie press tour my hot looks picks would have gone to Kristen Bell in this Jenny Packham jumpsuit and the ever perfect Miranda Kerr in this skirt and top from Erdem. Better luck next time, girls.

---

My Faves

This September's Vogue cover marks the 120th anniversary of the magazine. Can you believe it's be around that long?! Vogue.com has a special feature with current editor Anna Wintour's favorite images from the Vogue archives.

J.Crew's Fall 2012 advertising campaign features real people and not models. Granted, the real people are mostly fashion industry insiders who are thin and attractive, but it's something. I like my friend Marissa from The Well-Appointed Catwalk's take on body image and real people in fashion.

I have a weird little entry way/hallway in my apartment and I have been searching for the perfect table to go there for almost a year now. I think I've finally found it in this chartreuse (yes!) tray table from CB2.Yay!

In food news this week, I've discovered Unreal candy thanks to a CVS coupon. Yes, it's still candy, but it's made without hydrogenated oils, corn syrup, artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives and is significantly better for you than some of the leading candy brands. And they're YUMMY! I could taste no difference between an Unreal 8 and a Snickers. So the next time you have a candy craving, which I often do, try some Unreal!

I stumbled upon this gallery of Sean Avery's Soho loft in NYC on Pinterest yesterday. Sean Avery is a professional hockey player and is incredibly fashion savvy. He's also kind of a jackass, but he does a lot of work promoting marriage equality so I can't hate on him to badly. His loft is designed beautifully, but still maintains masculinity. Bravo, Avery. 





No comments:

Post a Comment