Friday, August 24, 2012

Hot Looks Of The Week & My Faves

Image via Jean-Paul Aussenard/Bauer Griffin
 
Lea Michele In Geogio Armani
 
Lea Michele is very polarizing, yes? I don't mind her, but some folks really can't stand her. By some folks I mean everyone on E!'s Fashion Police. It is pretty hilarious when they make fun of her posing. Some folks are also really sick of hi-lo hems on dresses and skirts, but I'm still really into them! In fact, I wore one yesterday :)
 
Lea wore this light gray Armani dress to VH1's Do Something Awards this week and I think she looks absolutely gorgeous. That neckline would be downright dangerous on a lot of women, but since she has small boobs I think it works. I love how the waves in her hair mimic the ruffles on the neckline and hem. And how hot are her Jenni Kayne sandals? They go perfectly with this dress. Lea is styled by Estee Stanley, who just had that amazing run with Jessica Biel for the Total Recall press tour and premieres. Brava!
 
 
Image via FameFlynet Pictures

Eva Mendes In Thakoon Addition
 

I think this might be my favorite this week because it's a street style look. Eva is styled by Rachel Zoe for the red carpet, but I think it's safe to assume that she came up with this one on her own for running errands around Hollywood this week. This dress is by Thakoon Addition, which is Thakoon Panichgul's diffusion line. His main line collection ain't too shabby either.

Eva has great street style - have a look through the thumbnails here if you don't believe me. She always dresses very feminine and favors printed dresses and skirts. This Ikat print shirt dress is so adorable and something I would wear in a heartbeat. You can actually get one in a different color at The Outnet right now if you feel so inclined. Her Ralph Lauren Collection Cartridge bag and Thierry Lasry Obsessy shades are perfect compliments to her casual look. Also, her legs are insane.

__

My Faves

Image via glamour.com
I think I talk about lip gloss and/or lipstick a little too much, but I can't help it. I love them. Did you know that Anthropologie has launched its own line of lipsticks? Neither did I until yesterday! I adore Anthropologie almost as much as I adore lipstick so you bet I'll be trying these out! The shade at left is called peony and it will be mine.
 
Here is a nice little retrospective on Emma Stone's red carpet looks over the past few years from her stylist, Petra Flannery. Emma is one of the best dressed celebrities on the red carpet and I can easily say that I love every single look here.
 
I just discovered these adorable and slip proof ballet flats from OKA b. and I think they're a great alternative to rain boots in the summer. They also come in about a million different colors and they're totally affordable. Hello, citrine!
 
Did you ever want to live in Carrie Bradshaw's or Monica Geller's apartments? Well, you can't because they're fake, but you can imagine with these floorplan illustrations! How cool are these? And I don't know if it's sad that I've watched this much Sex and The City or not, but I can notice an inaccuracy in Carrie's apartment - her toilet is in the wrong spot. If you remember the episode where Aiden moves out and fixes the toilet before he leaves, then you'll remember that her toilet is next to her vanity. I know. I'm pathetic.
 
 
Last night I had a dinner and movie date with my friend Julie. Did you know that if you eat at Hungry Mother in Cambridge before 6 PM that they'll pick up your movie tickets from the Kendall Square Theater for a discount and add them to your bill? Me either! But that's exactly what we did last night. It was my first visit to Hungry Mother and it was delicious. We feasted on cornbread, deviled eggs, clams and andouille sausage, roast chicken, and lemon angel food cake with blueberries, and ice cream. Yum! We saw Celeste and Jesse Forever and I loved it. I want to be best friends with Rashida Jones.  
 
 
Happy weekend, all!

3 comments:

  1. I think Lea looks wonderful, as well! Those shoes really are killer, and I think the fact that she pulled off such a tricky dress so well shows great styling finesse! Kudos to the stylist!

    xoxox
    theefface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you know Carrie's apartment so well! Growing up watching Sex and the City in my parent's basement, I was sorely surprised to learn that real apartments don't have walk-through closets. At least, not the ones I could afford.

    Also, consider me firmly in the HATE camp for Lea Michele. But her hair looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the carrie bradshaw apartment floorplan!!! need to show it to my architect student friends!

    xo
    sami
    ps. check out my INPINK giveaway!!!
    http://glimpseofglamour.blogspot.com/2012/09/in-pink-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete