Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Nicole Richie For Impulse At Macy's

While you weren't paying attention, Nicole Richie became a bona fide fashion superstar. Or maybe you were paying attention and you're just as impressed as I am. Remember when Nicole was a crackhead? (Really. I'm not going to get sued for that.) And when she palled around with the odious Paris Hilton? Ew.

I'm thrilled that those days are behind her because Nicole's House of Harlow 1960 and Winter Kate lines are some of the most sought-after in fashion today. Luckily for those of us balling on a budget, Nicole is bringing her talents and signature bohemian style to Macy's with an exclusive capsule collection for their contemporary Impulse department.

Image via Macys.com
Nicole has amazing style herself so first I'll share some of my all-time favorite Nicole looks.

Image via Bauer Griffin
This is Nicole at her boho finest - leather bell bottoms, fringe bag, hat, jacket draped over her shoulders. It's just so cool and easy. And she's still trendy with her polka dot top!

Image via Neilson Barnard/Getty Images North America
Nicole wore this GORGEOUS Emilio Pucci dress to the Fifi Awards (that would be perfume) in May. It looks like it was made for her and I love that she stayed true to her aesthetic while still being in a formal dress. It's gypsy chic.

Image via Bennett Raglan/Getty Images North America
I want this dress. I need this dress. This dress is amazing. It's a Winter Kate dress that has a cut out back and is brilliantly styled with red heels and a top knot in her hair. Are you getting my obsession yet?

Image via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images North America
The girl looks good in yellow. This time from Julien Macdonald.

Image via Bauer Griffin
I could go on and on (really), but I'll end with this fun casual look. The Proenza Schouler zebra sweater is perfect with black skinnies, orange heels, and a House of Harlow 1960 bag.

Now that we've established that Nicole can dress herself rather well, let's take a look at the clothes she wants us to wear via Macy's.

The collection obviously skews heavily to the bohemian side of Nicole's taste, and why shouldn't it? It's what she's known for and what she does best. The collection is also very print heavy, which I happen to love. So many women are scared of prints. They are your friend! Nicole also brings in richer fabrics like faux fur, faux leather, and solid velvets. The prices will range from $49 to $149, which is incredibly reasonable. Here are the items on the top of my wish list:

Image via Macys.com
 A lace t-shirt with faux leather sleeves- lurve. I'd have to see this in person before I could say whether or not it's okay for work. I have a feeling it will be though. I'd wear it with colored trousers for work or black jeans and leopard heels for a night out.

Image via Macys.com
A black and yellow chevron/tribal print blouse. How great is this top? I would wear the crap out of this. With trousers or a skirt (faux leather would be hot) for work or evening. It's a must have!

Image via Macys.com
A graphic print long sleeve dress with lace panels. I imagine this will be a little much for some people, but I'm all about it. I think this print is a fabulous canvas for an insane statement necklace.

Image via Macys.com
A cap sleeve asymmetric hem top with neckline details. This top can be worn with absolutely anything and I love it. The fun neckline details mean you don't even need a necklace! But do wear some dangly earrings :)

There are many more pieces I love from Nicole's Macy's line, but these are the ones I'm most likely to buy. Have a look at the rest of the collection here and tell me what your favorite is! The collection is available in 100 Macy's stores nationwide and online from September 12th. You better believe that I will be at Macy's, which just happens to be across the street from my office, at the stroke of 5 on that day.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the update, because I totally haven't been paying attention to her...but is she ever fab! That lace and leather top is especially stunning: I'm wanting one so bad!

    xoxox
    theefface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her style, love her signature top knot, love it all. This may actually get me into a Macys;)

    ReplyDelete