Friday, October 5, 2012

Hot Looks Of The Week & My Faves

Image via Kevin Winter/Getty Images North America
Jessica Alba In Narciso Rodriguez

Here is the lovely Jessica Alba at the Environmental Media Awards last Sunday wearing a look right off Narciso Rodriguez's Spring 2013 runway and Giuseppe Zanotti heels. It's a bit like a deconstructed modern tuxedo, don't you think? Black and white is the number one color trend for spring, but luckily it's always in and chic because we still have to get through fall! I love that she wore a look with trousers to a formal event. Dresses aren't always the answer. Perhaps I would have preferred a trouser with a slimmer cut, but that's just nitpicky because I don't think there's anything wrong with these. And can you imagine how comfortable she was? Win/win

Image via Just Jared - soz for the watermarked pic! There were no freebies on this one.
 Gwen Stefani In A.L.C.

I hope we can all agree that Gwen is one of the most stylish women on the planet, yes? Good. More on that later. What's even more ridiculous/awe inspiring/confounding is that Gwen turned 43 on Wednesday. 43! She looks 23! She makes me look 90 and she's 13 years older than me. I MEAN. 

Gwen celebrated her birthday with her family in Los Angeles last night and wore a super chic and sexy A.L.C. jumpsuit (which you can buy on sale here). Sure it's just a plain jumpsuit, but she merched it up earrings, a stack of bangles, a killer box clutch, and platform heels. Her ubiquitous red lippy was there too, natch. I'm giving serious consideration to purchasing No Doubt's new album. Anyone listened? 

My Faves

And speaking of Gwen, here is a retrospective slideshow of her style through the years. I adore her :)

I will be baking pumpkin chocolate chip cookies this weekend and I'm pretty excited about it. I don't like pumpkin in any form but cake, bread, cookie, etc. so forgive me for not going batshizz over pumpkin season. This just means more beer and lattes for you! 

After seeing this Maje jacket on Emma Stone I decided that I need a tweed and leather jacket of some sort. Michael Kors to the rescue! I need another jacket like I need a hole in the head, but it's not like that's going to stop me.

I'm also in the market for rain boots, a new bag to schlep my work stuff in, and a pair of nude leather wedges. My wallet is crying. 

Lastly, a PSA for ladies - Refinery 29 has a very informative, yet somewhat flawed, article on birth control that I think everyone should read. Read the comments as well since some of my thoughts are there and other ladies have good things to say as well. My main concern is how the doctor in the article downplays the seriousness of the risk of developing blood clots while using birth control with synthetic hormones. This week marks three years since my very healthy sister survived a blood clot and pulmonary embolism caused by birth control pills and a previously undiagnosed genetic blood clotting disorder. Years ago, I also suffered a blood clot caused by birth control and the same undiagnosed condition. Needless to say I'm pretty happy that we're both still here! If we had known that we had this condition, our doctors never would have allowed us on birth control. My situation was a lot less severe than hers, but it could have been worse. I think it's really important for all women who use birth control to know if they carry additional risk factors, such as Factor V Leiden like me, and it's really dangerous that doctors don't emphasize this when they recommend birth control methods. So do me a favor and ask your doctor about having the Factor V Leiden panel of tests the next time you're there. Because I'd really like you all to still be here too :)   

I hope everyone has a long weekend! I sure do and I will spend it by concert going, shopping, getting my hair cut, baking, and enjoying all things fall!  

1 comment:

  1. Love those two celeb looks you posted! And sounds like a fun weekend! Enjoy yourself.

    xoxox
    theefface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete