Friday, October 26, 2012

Hot Looks Of The Week & My Faves

Image via Bauer Griffin
Berenice Marlohe In Julien Macdonald
Berenice Marlohe is the latest gorgeous woman to call herself a Bond Girl. Ms. Marlohe stars with Daniel Craig in Skyfall and previous to this accomplishment I had never heard of her. Oops. Like all stars of blockbuster movies, she's been gifted with her choice of garments for premieres, photo calls, and press events. I have loved everything she's worn, which you can see here, but this Julien Macdonald cocktail dress is my favorite. Sorry, Elie Saab. I love the sheer bodice and sleeves and it was such a smart move by the designer to have a long sleeve to off-set the sexiness of the dress. I love the back view as well and I have hair envy. I know who she is now!

Image via PacificCoastNews.com
Krysten Ritter In Reem Acra

Krysten Ritter has also had a stylish week. She's been out promoting her show, Don't Trust the B---- In Apartment 23 and attending every event ever. I have a feeling that show might be terrible, but at least she's been looking cute! My favorite of her looks is this Reem Acra dress. I love the lacy flower sleeves and the knot detail with the fabric around the waist. I think I would have preferred her hair up to show off the neckline, which you can see on the model, but it's not a deal breaker. Obviously I love the leopard Jimmy Choo heels. Leopard is such a perfect neutral to all of the jewel tones that are popular for fall! 

My Faves
  
Discount shopping - one of my favorite subjects! See how three editors from Refinery 29 created six looks for under $50 each by shopping at Marshall's, T.J. Maxx, and Strawberry. Lots of good style ideas in there too! 

I featured Leigh Lezark a few weeks ago and as if on cue, Harper's Bazaar did a feature on her closet ;) These photos make me what to buy a lot of shoes! 

Solange Knowles, whom I adore, is lending her talents to jewelry designer Lady Grey and selecting (I REFUSE to use the word that starts with C that the fashion and retail industry has uncreatively bastardized into oblivion.) her favorite pieces from their Fall 2012 collection. Their price points are great so if you're in the market for some new statement jewelry, shop! 

I had some leftover quinoa from my lunches this week that I turned into a quinoa "mac" and cheese for dinner last night. It's SO GOOD. I'll blog it at some point because I think it will appeal to a lot of people!   

I'm making these pumpkin swirl brownies this weekend and my word I am excited. Stay tuned for those!   

Old Navy is having a sale on dresses right now and I ordered a couple of cute ones (left, obv). I think I've said it before - Old Navy comes up with some gems sometimes so always check there when you're shopping for affordable clothes! 

That's it :) I hope everyone has a fun weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment