Monday, March 4, 2013

Spotlight: Temps des Rêves


Image via NET-A-PORTER
Image via NET-A-PORTER
Image via NET-A-PORTER
Image via NET-A-PORTER
Image via NET-A-PORTER
Are you thinking that I've just discovered a new Instagramer or canvas print maker? That was my first thought when I logged onto NET-A-PORTER.com this morning. NAP adds new merch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (You all know this, right?) and I always log on to see what's new. Not to shop mind, I can't even afford NAP goods during their sales, but to get inspiration for my own looks and to stay on top of what's floating around the luxury market.

So back to the photos - they're not Instagrams or canvases at all. They're scarves. Scarves! Behold:

Image via NET-A-PORTER
That would be the first photo, Bondi Summer printed silk-satin scarf. I can honestly say I've never seen anything like this before and I'm thrilled that they exist. Temps des Rêves is a new designer to NET-A-PORTER and the retailer offers the following blurb,

 Luxurious and unapologetically bold, Temps des Reves breathes new life into the classic silk scarf. Each glamorous piece features a favorite print from label founder and celebrated photographer Adrian Mesko. Choose from abstract motifs of carnival rides, dreamy cityscapes and everything in between.
Further investigation reveals that Adrian Mesko is a Czech-born, Australian-raised photographer who has assisted Annie Leibowitz and Michael Thompson and whose work has appeared in Vogue Australia, Harper's Bazaar, GQ Australia, and many others.

Image via adrianmesko.com
Image via adrianmesko.com
Image via adrianmesko.com

What a genius idea to turn his beautiful images into wearable art. They certainly don't come cheap - each silk-satin or silk-chiffon scarf will set you back a cool $295. Perhaps NAP and Mesko were thoughtful enough to debut these during American tax return season because I can't think of a better self present at this point. If you're like me and you owe Uncle Sam even more money than he's already taken from you, then let's just enjoy these from afar!

What do you think? Have you taken any special photos you'd like to immortalize by wearing around your neck?

2 comments:

  1. SHUT UP. I love those! What a beautiful idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great? I'm on the hunt for more affordable versions!

      Delete