Monday, April 8, 2013

April Life Happenings

Clockwise from top left: The Public Garden on a sunny day; Anthropologie's spring fashion show in Cambridge; the lovely and talented Lianne La Havas; Jason Wu in conversation at the ICA.
Anticipating...

Spring is here! I'm anticipating not having to wear a winter coat. After such a hideous winter I just really want to enjoy the warm weather before it becomes oppressive and I don't want to be outside anymore. I can't wait to eat and drink on patios. I'm really looking forward to Marathon Monday as well. The Boston Marathon is the biggest sporting event in the city and I just happen to live directly on the route at about mile 24. It's a great day to have friends over and have some adult beverages while watching thousands of people accomplish something major!

Reading...

I just finished a sweet little book called Frances and Bernard. It's written entirely in letters to and from the main characters and the supporting characters. It's still perfectly descriptive, though, and the writing is beautiful. It's really all about love and how being open to it can sometimes be scary. It's also about trusting your instincts. 4 stars. I just started This One Is Mine by Maria Semple, who wrote Where'd You Go Bernadette, which I absolutely loved. I have high hopes for it!

Relieved About...

I got nothin'. I'm still majorly stressed in some areas, but I'm trying to not let it affect all of me. 

Watching...

The second season of Girls. I don't have HBO so through the kindness of friends and their log in information I am finally watching this. It would be accurate to say I have a love/hate relationship with Girls. I hate Hannah. Hannah not Lena. I think Lena Dunham is wonderful, but Hannah is just awful. There is nothing I like about her. But the show itself is brilliant and I can't wait to finish the season. I also really like Adam. I know, I know. But I do!

Working On...

Planning my summer trip to San Francisco! Woohoo! I've never been and it's been the number one domestic destination on my travel list for a while now so I'm thrilled that I finally have the trip booked. Now we just need to figure out where to go/eat/drink/do/and see! Alcatraz is number one. I love prisons. We can talk about that later. Please feel free to leave recommendations for me!

Craving...

Sangria. 'Nuff said.

Listening To...

I've been blasting the new Vampire Weekend single Diane Young since I heard it a few weeks ago. If their entire new album is full of stuff like that, it will be a favorite. I saw Lianne La Havas Saturday night and while she was amazing, I was slightly more intrigued by the opener, Jamie N Commons. I had never heard of him, but I was totally impressed. He's got a modern Joe Cocker sound and he also happens to be British. How Brits can do American Southern Rock so well is something that will probably always blow my mind!

I hope everyone has a great month!

P.S. I think we all know that Google Reader is going bye bye soon so follow me via Bloglovin! 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a trip to San Fran!! I've been many times, but have never been to Alcatraz, which I seriously regret. Definitely on the life list!

    Sues

    ReplyDelete