Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spotlight: Charlotte Olympia Cosmic Collection

If you follow me on Twitter (which you can do here), then you may be aware that I have a keen interest in astrology. I'm not a spiritual or religious person so astrology fills that void for me a little bit. I like to think that there's another force at work and where religion has never made sense to me, astrology does. Why? I don't know. Maybe because there's a fun aspect to it? Probably more so because I am everything my Gemini sun sign says and more and always have been! Susan Miller is my go-to for all things astrology related. Her monthly forecast on Astrologyzone.com is my guide for pretty much everything. She is amazing at what she does and being the recipient of one of her personalized books, I can attest to how seriously and thoughtfully she takes her work.

Gemini is the sign of the twins, which makes it that much more special to me because I am a twin. Yes, even though Kelly and I look nothing alike and have personalities like night and day sometimes, we did share a womb for around 8 1/2 months. So it should come as no surprise that I love all things twins, most of all being a Gemini. Where am I going with all of this? Charlotte Olympia's new line of zodiac themed accessories, of course!

Gemini flats $695 / Image via Netaporter.com
Gemini flats $695 / Image via Netaporter.com
Perspex Gemini clutch $995 / Image via Netaporter.com
These are LUSH! The price points are certainly not anything I'll be able to afford in the near or probably distant future, but they sure are nice to look at! Charlotte Dellal, the genius behind Charlotte Olympia, is one of the premiere shoe designers right now and I think she deserves a lot of attention. Her Kitty flats can be seen on just about every PYT in Hollywood and her trademark Dolly platforms add so much interest to a look. Also of note are the gold spiderwebs on the sole of each shoe. Charlotte's Web. How charming!

Dolly platforms $945 / Image via Netaporter.com
I'm almost jealous that I'm not a Taurus because the bull is amazing. Zodiac signs that are next to each other are typically not compatible, but this Gemini can get on board with this Taurus.

Taurus flats $695 / Image via Netaporter.com
The Cancer crab is another standout. And another incompatible sign for me! Maybe Charlotte's on to something here. Get the Gemini to accept other signs via accessories. I am that simple.

Cancer clutch $995 / Image via Netaporter.com
You can see the full range of Charlotte Olympia's Cosmic Collection on their website and also pre-order there. Some styles are available now at Net-A-Porter.

What do you think? Are these too out there for you or would you give your right arm for them like I would? And how do you feel about astrology? Is it just a bit of fun or does Mercury retrograde have you running for the hills?

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh those flats are incredible. I'm not super into astrology, but can't deny that I am a libra though and through. This is a great line :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete