Thursday, April 25, 2013

Spotlight: Wild Soul Sunglasses

I think we're finally ready to talk about something happy again, yes? Good. I've been in a charitable mood lately with all of the goings on in my great city so I'm going to ride that wave for a bit. The weather in my neck of the woods is going to be beautiful and SUNNY for the weekend so let's talk about sunglasses. I was clued in to Wild Soul sunglasses recently and I'm thrilled to share them with you. Not only are they stylish and affordable, but a portion of every sale goes to the charity of your choice. It's a win/win!

Wild Soul Owl sunglasses in black | Image via Wild Soul/youngrepublic.com
From the designer:
"Wild Soul was created on the premise that there are causes greater than our own that can and must be supported. We are dedicated to giving supporters of Wild Soul a platform to help the causes that are close to their heart.

Wild Soul's range of sunglasses which are all named after untamed animals (the Lion, the Owl, the Elephant, and the Rhino) help customers "be wild" while helping them "fulfill their soul", giving a portion of each sale to a charity of the customer's choice. "We decided the best way to succeed was to allow the customer to choose where their money will go."
The charities are no joke either. Habitat For Humanity International, the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the Animal Welfare Institute are just a few of the many great causes you can choose from. Each pair is an even $100.00, which is a great price point for designer sunglasses. For a long time I eschewed buying designer sunglasses because I was always losing, stepping on, or breaking the el cheapo pairs I picked up from who knows where. If you spend more on something, you're more likely to care for it and I'm happy to say that all pairs of designer sunglasses I've purchased have remained in tact.

Wild Soul Elephant sunglasses in yellow | Image via Wild Soul/youngrepublic.com
Wild Soul Lion sunglasses in spotted ivory | Image via Wild Soul/youngrepublic.com
Wild Soul sunglasses are also unisex, so you can buy a pair for your significant other and share them. Or just wear them most of the time, which is probably what I would do. The three pairs pictured above are my favorites, but every pair is dope, as Cher Horowitz would say. Have a look at the rest of the collection at Young Republic. Hopefully I can score a pair and do a good deed before my trip to San Francisco in June!

What's your favorite pair of Wild Soul sunglasses? Does a charity donation make you all the more excited about making purchases, or what?

Speaking of charity - You can donate to The One Fund Boston here. The city is actually doing okay I think. The portion of Boylston Street where the bombs went off reopened yesterday and was awash with people trying to get it back to normal. I am astounded by how Bostonians have come together in the wake of this awful, awful tragedy. I haven't even seen anyone get mad on the T lately, and that's no small feat. The victims and their families will need help for a long time to come, though, so please donate anything you can to The One Fund.

1 comment: